Father’s Day is just around the corner and summer is emerging full of beautiful warmth and abundant sunshine and men deserve just as much skincare love as women this season. Here are 5 essential summer skin care tips (and great Father’s Day gift ideas for Dad to boot!):
Use a Gentle Wash
Especially during the summer months, it’s common for sweat, bacteria, and environmental debris to build-up on the skin. Combined with the drying effect of the sun’s rays, it’s not only important to have an effective cleanser, but also one that won’t strip the skin’s natural barrier. Skinfix Cleansing Oil Wash is the perfect body cleanser as it offers a deep clean using natural ingredients, while keeping your skin hydrated, soft, and protected.
On top of using a gentle cleanser, it’s important to moisturize daily to keep your skin hydrated and feeling fresh! Skinfix Daily Lotion is a lightweight body moisturizer that equips your skin with nature’s soothing emollient oils including sunflower, jojoba and grape seed, along with botanical extracts of Calendula and Chamomile, giving your skin the ultimate lightweight skin fix this season.
Protect Your Lips
No matter the season, nobody wants dry lips! Both the cold of winter and the heat of summer can wreak havoc on those unprotected puckers. The Skinfix Lip Repair Balm is a deeply hydrating formula that will banish your dry lip woes on contact! It’s flavour and color free (keeping it a manly option), with natural coconut and jojoba oils to offer immediate relief and instant softness.
Eat Plenty of Antioxidants
Another element that’s important year round for optimal health, but especially when combating the sun’s rays! Eating a diet full of antioxidant rich fruits and vegetables is shown to confer additional benefits and protection to the skin (it is your body’s largest organ after-all). So, stock up on those berries, dark leafy greens, bright orange carrots, and deep red organic tomatoes – eat the rainbow!
Don’t Over Shave
After every shave it takes about 2-3 days for the skin to repair and heal. Combine this the added challenge of summer elements, your skin can take an unwanted hit. Aim to shave a few times per week as opposed to daily, and embrace a bit of scruff now and then. Your skin will thank you. Skinfix Moisture Boost Serum will restore skin lipids post-shave and soothe skin leaving it soft, plump, and hydrated. Perfect for summer, this serum is lightweight, pH balanced and made with natural ingredients and free from synthetic fragrances and dyes!
At Skinfix we believe in loading our formulas with the best natural skin healing ingredients like shea butter, colloidal oatmeal and jojoba oil, just to name a few. That’s why we are thrilled to announce that Skinfix was recently awarded Editors’ Pick for Standout Natural Brand in the 7th Annual TotalBeauty Awards! The editors behind Total Beauty tried and tested thousands of beauty products and chose what they believe to be the “holy-grail items that really work.” We are also really proud to say that Skinfix Nourishing Cream picked up an Editors’ Pick Honorable Mention for being a moisturizer that is gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin types. Nourishing Cream is deeply hydrating and the ultimate skin quencher for dry, fatigued skin. We believe protecting and maintaining the skin’s natural barrier with only the best natural ingredients is the secret to luxurious, glowing skin! Thank you Total Beauty for recognizing Skinfix as a natural brand leader!
How to Transition Your Skin Care Routine to Spring
With the cold winter weather bowing a final goodbye, it’s time to welcome the warmth of spring! If you live in cooler climates, this is a major transition – especially for your skin. The colder temperatures can bring harsh dryness and require additional nourishment and thicker creams to lock in moisture and prevent cracking, as well as adequate hydration and dietary support. The warmth of spring and summer temperatures on the other hand, require their own special attention to keep your skin smooth, healthy, and glowing!
Here are a few skin care essentials to help transition your skin care routine to the rise in temperatures:
For Spring/Summer you’ll still want to protect against dry skin with a moisturizing lotion with a lighter consistency that’s absorbed quickly. Skinfix Daily Lotion is your perfect companion since its luxuriously lightweight, silky smooth, and contains a calming emollient blend of natural sunflower, jojoba and grape seed oils. The non-greasy formula will prevent dryness from the sun’s heat and leave skin feeling ultra soft. It’s also equipped with Calendula and Chamomile for added nourishment and soothing properties (if you happen to get a bit too much of those tempting UV rays!).
Cleansing Oil Wash
Since the sun can be drying, it’s important to also use a cleanser on your skin that’s gentle and won’t strip the skin of its naturally protective barrier. Skinfix Cleansing Oil Wash is free from harsh chemicals and fragrance, and instead, FULL of nourishing botanicals as well as natural sunflower, jojoba, and grape seed oils that work to nourish your skin against dryness. It also contains soothing aloe, which will help to heal any burns or inflammation caused by the sun, while keeping your glowing, tanned skin in check!
*Follow up the Skinfix Cleansing Oil Wash with the Skinfix Daily Lotion for best daily results and say hello to sunshine! =)
Blog written by naturopath (to-be) Erica Grenci, visit her blog at: http://www.everything-beautiful.com/
With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to start prepping our skin before we can start showing it off! Not only do we think Skinfix Ultra Rich Body Butter is the perfect way to hydrate tired skin, but so does Essence Magazine! After testing hundred of products, more than 1,000 Essence BeautyBox subscribers, insiders and editors voted on the hottest products rocking the beauty world today. Skinfix Ultra Rich Body Butter proved to be the best and won a coveted 2016 Best In Black Beauty Award! Our use of Shea Butter as a main ingredient was voted the “Ingredient You Love Most for Moisture”, and we would have to agree! Not only is Skinfix Ultra Rich Body Butter packed with shea butter, but its skin quenching formula is dermatologist-tested and recommended, free of fragrance, soy, gluten, parabens and phthalates and it’s quick absorbing! Thank you Essence for this amazing award!
Spring is a time for renewal and new beginnings, and your skincare routine is no exception. Most people stop pampering their skin once warmer weather makes an appearance but it’s important to keep your skin hydrated and healthy all year long- not just during cold, winter months. When warmer weather arrives, it’s important to reset with a routine that will leave your skin soft, glowing and healthy. Revive your skincare routine this spring with Skinfix!
- Soft, glowing skin is on trend this spring and it starts in the shower! Keep skin looking fresh and dewy with Skinfix Cleansing Oil Wash. This gentle cleanser lightly foams and rinses off easily while protecting, hydrating and softening dry skin.
- Switch to a lighter moisturizer. The emergence of warmer weather means swapping out thicker body butters, and opting for lightweight lotions. Skinfix Daily Lotion is non-greasy, deeply hydrating and infused with natural emollient oils that banish dryness on contact.
- Out with the old, in with the new! Replace make up sponges, brushes and skincare products that appear old or have expired. It’s the perfect time to stock up on some of your new favorites!
- Sometimes, a little goes a long way. Keep your lipstick looking fresh and natural this spring with Skinfix Lip Repair Balm. Made with 40% coconut oil, it’s the perfect top coat to prevent lipstick from drying and cracking.
- We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, water, water, water! Sip your way to healthy skin with a bottle of H20 by your side!
- It’s all about the hands! Clinically proven to promote healthy skin on hands, Skinfix Ultra Rich Hand Cream is infused with beautiful natural ingredients like coconut and sunflower oil to relive dryness on contact.
- Take some time for YOU! Stress management is an important factor in maintaining healthy skin and Spring is the perfect time to kick start healthy routines. Yoga? Hiking? Do something that revives your spirit and makes you feel happy and rejuvenated.
No matter how many times we’re told how important it is to take care of our skin, it doesn’t usually become a priority until we notice visible signs of change. Here are some things you can start doing now, to make a big impact later!
- Don’t go to bed with makeup on. How many times have you arrived home and felt too tired to take off your makeup? Probably too often! Give your skin a fair chance by allowing it to breath, replenish and renew while you sleep!
- Do clean your makeup brushes. Take the time to properly clean brushes, sponges and applicators to avoid unsightly breakouts.
- Don’t wash your hair every day. Over-cleansing can strip your hair of essential oil and no amount of expensive smoothing serum will fix that.
- Do read labels. Most of us don’t stop and read the list of ingredients in our favorite makeup and skincare products. Take the time to educate yourself on what goes ON your body. It’s just as important as knowing what goes IN it. Natural, clinically proven products are always a good bet.
- Don’t over – pluck your eyebrows. Like makeup and fashion, eyebrow grooming goes through trendy phases. The 80’s were all about full brows and the 90’s by contrast, pencil thin ones. Play it safe and leave grooming to the professionals!
- Do take care of the delicate skin around your eyes. Nobody thinks about fine lines and wrinkles in their 20s, but starting a proper skincare routine that includes an eye cream rich in vitamins and antioxidants is important. The earlier, the better.
- Don’t pop pimples. Do yourself a favor and resist the urge to pick. Squeezing blemishes causes skin trauma and can lead to redness and scarring.
- Do start a daily skin care regimen for face and body. Look for mild, gentle cleansers and natural, good-for-your-skin ingredients that soften, hydrate and protect. Both oily and dry skin benefit from proper hydration.
- Don’t forget your H2O. Drink your way to beautiful skin by keeping a bottle of water by your side. Adequate water intake helps keep skin hydrated and healthy from the inside out.
- Do use a broad spectrum SPF. Protect your skin from harmful UV light with a daily dose of SPF. Your future self will thank you.