The holidays are a time to spoil the ones you love… and you! Ideal for an office exchange, teacher gift or stocking stuffer, Skinfix’s clean and clinically proven gift sets are perfect for holidays. If you sneak one for your stocking it will be our little secret. These skin kits are dermatologist and Santa approved.
Gift Guide: For an inspiring teacher or favorite man in your life
Wave Goodbye to Dry containing Ultra Rich Hand Cream Trio $24 USD ($36 Value)
Who doesn’t love a rich hand cream that is clean and clinically proven to treat dry, cracked skin on hands? Loaded with natural emollient oils of coconut and sunflower to help relieve dryness and cracking on contacts. This non-greasy, quick absorbing hand cream will have your friends and family saying goodbye to dry hands this holiday season. Three full size tubes!
Gift Guide: For your beauty obsessed BFF and you!
Skinfix Skin Nerd Starter Kit $ 30 USD ($45 Value)
Late nights, cocktails and cooler temperatures can do a number on your skin leaving it dry, red and inflamed. This discovery collection includes a regimen that is clinically proven to increase hydration and reduce facial redness after one use! This kit includes:
Foaming Oil Cleanser (3.4 oz) This gentle, sulfate-free makeup removing cleanser delivers skincare results. Not only does it remove makeup without stripping away skin’s natural lipids it is also clinically proven to reduce facial redness, improve skin’s hydration and smoothness. Allure beauty editors love this cleanser so much they gave it an Allure 2018 Best of Beauty Award!
Calm & Repair Sleeping Mask (2 oz) Wake up with calm, glowing skin by using this rich cream gel mask that doubles as a night cream. It uses 2 clinical actives including green tea and a manuka honey/peptide blend. It is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of facial redness, increase skin’s hydration and smoothness overnight. Shereen Idriss, NY Dermatologists and Women’s Health beauty editors gave it a Healthy Skin 2018 Award.
Facial Cleansing Clothes (7 individually wrapped) Ultra soft cleansing cloths that remove all traces of makeup, dirt and impurities, even waterproof mascara! Infused with cucumber, aloe and red seaweed extract these luxe clothes leave your skin feeling clean, soft and supple without leaving behind a heavy residue. Place these these facial cleansing cloths on your bedside table -for those nights when washing your face isn’t in the cards.
Gift Guide: For the whole family!
Smoochable Six Lip Kit $25 USD ($30 Value)
Take your lips from dry to dreamy with this festive mix of award-winning lip balms. Tuck a cherry pie in your purse, or a candy cane in your pocket. Skinfix Lip Repair Balms are lightweight, yet deeply hydrating and contain 40% coconut oil to soothe, soften and leave lips looking and feeling healthy and smoochable.
Candy Cane Every day feels like the holidays with a hint of peppermint on your kisser.
Black Cherry Pie Keep them guessing as to weather you are truly tart or delightfully sweet.
Pumpkin Cheesecake A harvest of creamy goodness for your senses, with a hint of spice… just like you.
Cinnamon Swirl Experience a freshly baked cinnamon bun in a balm, without the guilt!
Sparkling Berry Our very berriest balm has a fun, bubbly personality.
Flavor Free An Allure Best of Beauty winner. Bam to the balm.
When the temperature drops our hands are the first to feel dry, rough and chapped. It’s time to take the gloves off and combat dry hands once and for all. Here is our list of culprits for zapping moisture from hands and their fixes.
Moisture Zapper: Harsh Hand Soaps
Hand washing is a necessity to keep germs at bay but can be really drying. Most soaps have a pH of 10 and use harsh sulfates which can strip your skin of moisture.
Swap your hand soap for a fragrance and sulfate free cleansing oil wash. Oil washes are packed with emollient oils which replenish the skin’s natural lipids while gently removing dirt. Allure Beauty Editors were raving about how Skinfix Soothing Wash “lifts away impurities and quiets inflammation with colloidal oatmeal and natural oils.”
Moisture Zapper: Using Lotion vs. Cream
When hands are dry and cracked, light lotions won’t be as effective as a richer cream texture. What is the difference? Lotions are emulsions of oil and water while richer creams include occlusive ingredients, a higher concentration of emollient oils and humectants to pull and lock moisture into the skin.
Skinfix Hand Repair Cream is 5x award winner. Beauty editors and dermatologists love it because it uses natural actives of colloidal oatmeal and sweet almond oil at their clinically validated levels and includes a mix of occlusives, emollient oils and humectants. In a dermatologist led study, this hand cream is clinically proven to increase skin moisturization by 111% after one- week use.
At Skinfix, we respect science as much as we believe in mother nature, and recently, we put one of our theories to the test. We launched a 4-week dermatologist led double blind, randomized controlled clinical study to prove that a natural eczema therapy can work as well as a 1% hydrocortisone cream. The results impressed not only us, but the dermatologist community.
Our study confirmed that Skinfix Eczema Balm is clinically proven to be as effective as 1% hydrocortisone cream to help treat itching, redness, cracking, peeling, and dryness associated with eczema flare-ups. And if that wasn’t enough – after 4 weeks, our balm was proven superior to 1% Hydrocortisone cream for improving skin barrier function – a vital aspect of managing eczema.
How’s that for great news during Eczema Awareness Month!
October is Eczema Month, a topic that is always top of mind at Skinfix. Did you know there are over 36 million people in North America living with this painful, often embarrassing skin condition? When it comes to treating eczema, colloidal oatmeal has been heralded as the hero ingredient, and monographed as so by the FDA. The result? Most skincare brands sprinkle in colloidal oatmeal and call it a day. But dermatologists are finding that multiple natural actives – like zinc oxide and allantoin – in conjunction with colloidal oatmeal are even more effective at helping to treat this uncomfortable skin issue.
Below are some of the top Health Canada and FDA monographed natural active ingredients that treat eczema symptoms, like itching and oozing:
• Sweet Almond Oil at any level up to 100% is monographed by Health Canada, (i.e. tested and approved), to temporarily protect and help relieve minor skin irritation and itching.
• Zinc Oxide, an often grossly overlooked and under-utilized natural active, is monographed by both Health Canada and the FDA at 1-25 % to dry the oozing and weeping caused by poison ivy, oak, or sumac. If you’ve ever had eczema or dermatitis, you’ll recognize those symptoms!
• Allantoin is a superstar ingredient derived from the comfrey root – monographed by both Health Canada and the FDA at .5 to 2% to help prevent and temporarily protect chafed, chapped or cracked skin and lips. Good to know it also helps protect from the drying effects of the wind and cold weather just around the corner.
Skinfix Eczema Balm uses 4 clinically validated natural actives (2% colloidal oatmeal ,7% sweet almond oil, 15% zinc and 1% allantoin) at their active levels, and is clinically proven to be as effective as 1% hydrocortisone cream to help treat itching, redness, cracking, peeling, and dryness associated with eczema flare-ups. In a nutshell – Skinfix Eczema Balm worked as well as a steroid! And after 4 weeks, Eczema Balm was proven superior to 1% Hydrocortisone cream in improving skin barrier function. These results were so impressive you can now find them in this Journal of Clinical Aesthetic Dermatology published study.
Happy reading, and have an itch-free eczema month!
Keeping your skin barrier healthy and intact is an important part of any skincare regimen – whether you have dry skin, or you are one of 36 million North Americans who suffer from eczema.
The outer skin layer is like brick wall, with skin cells being the bricks, and natural lipids the mortar. A weak skin barrier is missing some natural lipids – letting internal moisture out, and irritants in. Finding a way to replenish skin’s natural lipids and lock that moisture in is key to healthy skin. Here are my skin barrier strength training tips:
1. Rethink Your Shower Temperature: Warm is the new hot. If your shower is too hot, you can potentially irritate skin and loosen the natural lipids – basically, washing your skin’s natural protection down the drain. Hot water also causes skin inflammation and can increase the skin’s susceptibility to harsh soaps and fragranced body washes.
2. Toss Fragranced Body Washes & Soaps: Soaps and fragranced body washes may smell divine, but they can irritate the heck out of your skin. Most body washes are far too harsh, stripping the skin of its natural lipids. Coconut-based cleaners are a gentler, natural alternative – effectively cleansing the skin without stripping it dry. Skinfix Soothing Wash is a fragrance and sulfate-free, oil-based body wash that won the Allure Best of Beauty 2016 Award for Sensitive Skin.
3. Lock In Moisture Post Shower: The best time of the day to moisturize effectively is fresh out of the shower. The key is not dry yourself off completely, so skin is still damp when applying a lotion or cream. When it comes to picking the right cream or lotion, look for a formula that uses a mix of humectants (aloe); emollient oils (sweet almond oil) and occlusive (beeswax) – to help moisturize and soothe itchy skin simultaneously. And you need to apply religiously, morning and night!
4. Target Eczema Flare-Ups Steroids have been the tried and true treatment for eczema, but there are new natural targeted therapies backed with scientific data. Skinfix Eczema Balm is a natural, 0% water balm, clinically proven to be as effective as 1% hydrocortisone for mild to moderate cases of eczema. This balm uses natural active medicinal ingredients approved by the FDA for treating eczema, including; colloidal oatmeal, sweet almond oil, zinc oxide and allantoin. Another benefit is with continued use, Skinfix Eczema Balm helps strengthen the skin barrier, which, in turn helps lengthen the time between skin flare ups.
Dr. Kavita, MD, NY Dermatologist
In the beauty industry, winning an Allure Best of Beauty Award is like winning an Academy Award! Over 2 billion beauty products were launched in 2018 and the Allure editors tested and picked their top 300. The competition is fierce – Meryl Streep fierce! But move over Meryl, because this year, Skinfix Foaming Oil Cleanser and Skinfix Calm & Nourish Body Cream won TWO Allure Best of Beauty Awards!
In the Best Rich Body Moisturizer category, our Calm & Nourish Body Cream stole the show, walking away with the win. Formulated with 2 natural actives of colloidal oatmeal, and soothing oat proteins it helps soothe dry, flaky, irritated skin-instantly.
Our Foaming Oil Cleanser won for Best Cleanser in the Sensitive Skin category. This gentle, sulfate free cleanser not only removes makeup but is clinically proven to improve smoothness, and decrease the appearance of redness and blotchiness! What other cleanser has skincare benefits like this?!
And sure, we’re biased, but read what the Allure Editors have to say here or pick up your copy of the Allure October issue! Better yet, shop for Foaming Oil Cleanser and Calm & Nourish Body Cream at skinfix.com and get red carpet worthy skin.